Photographer: Frany Potter
*I am currently only accepting repeat clients and family/friends.
Feel free to contact me for recommendations on amazing Doulas in your area!
My goal is to support you as you labor YOUR way. I respect the choices you and your partner make. We will create a birth plan that reflects your wishes. You can feel calm and empowered as you prepare for labor. My job is to be your constant support and
help you achieve the type of birth you desire. As a Doula, my most cherished role is to “mother the mother” during one of life's most significant experiences.
-Stacie Larson Rupp, CD(DONA), CHD
CERTIFIED UTAH BIRTH & HYPNO DOULA
Serving Salt Lake, Davis, & Weber Counties
A birth Doula:
· Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a laboring woman
· Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth with confidence
· Stays with the woman throughout the labor
· Provides continuous emotional support and practical comfort measures
· Offers an objective viewpoint to aid in decision-making
· Assists, encourages, and supports the woman’s partner to participate at his/Her comfort level
· Protects and nurtures the memory of the birth experience
Recent studies indicate the use of a doula:
· Decreases labor length by 25%
· Decreases mother’s request for pain medication by 30%
· Decreases cesareans by 50%
· Increases father’s participation level
· Increases breastfeeding success